Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First things first: Where do you live after disaster has struck?

I wanted something that was away from bus lines, airports, and railroad tracks. Not in the middle of nowhere, but certainly not a city life. I have begun research as to where would be optimal for what I'm needing location wise (because I still want it somewhere nearby) but has good land for farming (even though I struggle to water my houseplants). I am not sure of my gardening capabilities but if TSHTF, I want to be able to attempt to grow my own food.

It's not like I would be having a go at this on my own, I plan to take the people that are closest to me as well as accept people that would wander onto my land after fleeing from said FEMA camps. What I envision is a community of, for lack of a better term, sharecroppers. Instead of being exploitative with awful working conditions, I want it to be what it was originally thought to be. Instead of working for low pay though, it would just be a community effort that gets everyone a place to stay, food to eat, and laughs to share. Everyone would have a job such as mending clothes, cooking, planting/harvesting crops, tending to animals, fishing, security detail, etc. Anything and everything would lead to fulfilling lives with the people they care about.

So my idea of the perfect land would be large acreage with forests, water source, etc. I need to complete my dream safe haven. I realize that this is probably going to be the most expensive part of the plan, but I have to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment